#MusicInTheAir Podcast hosts this week :
For this week’s MusicInTheAir returns Scala, digital artist, game designer by day and producer of electronic music by evening and night, curator of Spotify for Wanderlust Vision, as well as promo brand manager of Villahangar and A&R. “Since January I have also joined the label team, focusing on promotional strategies, playlist curator and artist”.
Scala was born and raised Sanremo and after living in Berlin, where his musical career began, and Amsterdam, today he lives in Milan. Capturing emotions and expressing them in a balanced harmony through digital means, influenced by Organic House, Downtempo, House, Techno and partly melodic techno. It’s his passion.
Speaking of releases and labels, after last November 11th where he released the song “Quaranta” which is part of Periodica – Concrete, the first Wanderlust album of which he was artistic director together with Tudor Laurini aka Klaus, in January he released with Villahangar the remix of “Come Find Me”, a track by PolyRhythm, a New Jersey-based duo formed by David Jonez and Val Carrique, together with Nuzu Deep.
Now, he has just dropped a new one on Wanderlust Records, it’s a remix for his teammate Klaus, Harena (Scala Remix).
Now he is going to take a break with remix and he’ll keep with originals, he has some ready to drop out.
For his Podcast today, he says: “Highly recommended for bike workout and running 🙂 as usual, I like to stay cool but groovy in the first part and then bang in the second”.
For Villahangar he compiled his all-time TOP 5, here it is:
KENDRICK LAMAR – DNA
Pure madness, I love how the 808 sub sounds on the back, so straight and so dark.
TOMMY SCALA & INARI – BLUE LINE
My first relevant release, despite this point it is still the one that gives more vibes to me.
KLANGKARUSSELL – SONNENTANZ
Memories… synth chords still sound amazing, actual and one of my fav vocal line ever.
TE QUIERO (PAUL KALKBRENNER REMIX)
Power and elegance in one track.
POLYRHYTHM feat NUZU DEEP – COME FIND ME (SCALA REMIX)
Seriously, I love what Nuzu Deep singer made here, it’s in the mix too.
01. Four Tet – Love Cry
02. Marino Canal – Strain / MOOD
03. Polyrhythm , Nuzu Deep – Come Find Me (Scala Remix) / VILLAHANGAR
04. Planet Funk & Makebo – Chase the Sun (Makebo Remix) / Just Entertainment
05. Impйrieux – Volti e Fantasmi / Sum Over Histories
06. Aparde – Perelin Der Nachtwald / Keller
07. Stavroz – 1921 / Moodfamily
08. Adam Port – Black Noise (&me Remix) / Cocoon
09. Gorje Hewek, Makebo & Amonita – Never Been / Shanti Radio
10. Made By Pete, Zoe Kypri – Horizon Red (Pete’s Dub) / Crosstown Rebels
11. Four Tet – For These Times / Nonplus Records
12. CRZBZ – Desert Storm (Antoine Clamaran Kolor Remix) / AHA Recordings
13. FreakMe, Nice7 – Cornelius (NiCe7 Remix) / Get Physical
14. Krankbrother – Circular Thing (Hot Since 82 Remix) / Toolroom