#MusicInTheAir Podcast hosts this week :
For this week’s MusicInTheAir in Villahangar, we have an artist with a big musical experience, and who mainly plays his own music in his DJ sets. The result? Always an exclusive and a unique sound: today is the turn of the Muscovite Dibidabo.
His sound is a powerful energy component of the styles Electronica, Organic House, Melodic Techno, Downtempo. He creates a variety and depth of a genre, achieving an interlacing of melodies, ethnic rhythms and a strong groove, combining the groovy deepness of techno, house, trance with traditional sounds from all over the world. He explains in this regard: ““I am endlessly experimenting with sound and looking for my energy. Mixing electronic and ethnic music, I strive to create a deep mood, exciting and magical atmosphere, of celebration. I love many styles and have always loved mixing them. Now we see it all the time, and it’s getting harder to name music as a certain genre. I think that I just write my own music. Now it is called Organic House, Amapiano & Afro. I have been doing DnB/Jungle/Dubstep for many years, their energy still influences me”.
He performed in the United States, Mexico, Morocco, Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia. And at the Burning Man festival. “One of the most memorable sets, of course” he comments.
He worked with labels such as BAR25, Pipe & Pochet, Sirin Music, Cosmic Awakenings, Klassified, LNDKHN, Universal Music Mena, Tehnika Molodeji, Odyssey, Shango Records, Baikal Nomads, Deep Bali Records.
In 2020 he released his album “World” via Cosmic Awakenings, based in Miami, US. The tracks from the album were in the Top 100 Electronica / Downtempo on the Beatport website for several weeks. “A fantastic voyage around the many different musical cultures, sounds and scenes of the world”.
He works for several labels and a festival, but the main project is his music.
Regarding plans for the present and the immediate future, he is looking for his new sound and is preparing an album. In fact, he says about releases: “Very soon there should be a cool track. My collab with the Fake Mood project. Fun track, I really like it. Coming out on Bar25. And my downtempo EP on the Tehnika Molodeji Records”
When and how was your first meeting with music? When and how did your musical journey begin?
I think since birth. There has always been music in my family. So, I have been collecting it since early childhood. And I started playing as a DJ at the age of 15.
What music do you listen to when you take off your DJ headset?
Often it is just silence and meditative music of different frequencies.
How much where you were raised and where you live influence you from a musical point of view?
The place is not important, what matters is your desire to look for something new.
What can you tell us about your past collaborations with other djs?
I love working with someone, it’s always like an interesting challenge and a cool fusion of different skills. We came up with great ideas with Lev Tatarov and Zuma Dionys.
What can you tell us for instance about your collaboration with Pipe & Pochet and Klassified labels?
These are some of my favorite releases. And their owners, they are wonderful musicians and wonderful people, I love them with brotherly love. wherever we meet in the world, I am always very happy to see them.
How was your summer? Do you have dj sets or festivals planned at the moment for the present and the future?
(It was hot) I’m planning some performances in the USA and soon in South America.
What evolution do you think electronic music is experiencing on the international scene?
I don’t believe in evolution. I believe in musicians who change music. the The main part is the mix of styles, because more and more musicians are experimenting.
01. Maga Bo, Rosângela Macedo – Cade Ze (Original Mix) / ZZK Records
02. Benjy, Darksidevinyl – Nala (Original Mix) / MoBlack
03. Busta 929 feat. Mzu M – Mmapula (Original Mix) / Thupa Industry
04. DJ Hlo feat. Rethabile – Ebusuku (Original Mix) / Maz Entertainment
05. Megablast, Eribertho Cruz – La Isla (Landikhan PsyCumbia Remix) / LuvLite Recordings
06. Natema, Aaron Sevilla – Oya Tete feat Valentina Facury_(Extended Mix) / Transa Records
07. DIBIDABO – Amado (Original Mix) / Unreleased
08. Pedro Martins, Tempura the Purple Boy – Hall of Mirrors (Original Mix) / Random Collective
09. MR TAFFA – Roll Da Bass (Original Mix) / Housupa Records
10. RAGATANA – Zakroy Glaza (Original mix) / Zolotaya Orda
11. DJ Satelite, Bamfumu, Bochebeatz, Danny Boy (CV) – Fimba_(De Paramedic Remix) / Seres Producoes
12. Xosé Lois Romero – A Roda Da Vida feat. Aliboria (Lemurian & J.Pool Remix) / Cosmic Awakenings
13. Scotti Dee – Sea Moss (Original Mix) / Housupa Records
14. Focalistic – Ke Star (feat. Vigro Deep) (Original Mix) / 18 Area Holdings
15. De Mthuda, Ntokzin – Ghost (Original Mix) / Universal Music (Pty)
16. LEMON (RO) – Samaritan (Original Mix) / ElDrums
17. Le Sax, Tee Jay, ThackzinDJ, Jessica LM, Nkosazana Daughter – Stimela (Original Mix) / Universal Music (Pty)