#MusicInTheAir Podcast hosts this week :
The protagonist of this week’s MusicInTheAir is Danilo Rossini, aka Dan:Ros, Dj & Producer born in San Marino and now living in Rimini.
He has always been a DJ; he took his first steps at the age of 15, when with his brother’s Technics turntables, he made all the best clubs on the Adriatic coast dance.
In fact, he worked in the most varied clubs of the Italian Adriatic coast such as Rimini and Riccione, with always a single mission: to make people dance with the right sounds and atmosphere on the dance floor.
Any names? Club Pacha in Sharm El Sheikh, Villa delle Rose in Misano, Coconuts, Symbol in San Marino, Cafe Del Mar in Malta, Tantra in Ibiza, Isola Beach in Porto Cesareo. And of course, the Paradiso and the Embassy Club in Rimini, the Room Service in New York, the Pasha, the White Elephant, the Peter Pan, the Makkaroni, the Beach Cafe and the Byblos in Riccione. But also at festivals such as the Molo Street Parade in Rimini, the ADE in Amsterdam, and the WMC in Miami.
He then approached the world of music production in 2014, which reflects his total and unconditional love for house music, becoming a truly prolific producer.
His discography is endless, between original tracks and remixes: many of his successful versions, which always reach the top of the Traxsource and Beatport charts.
Among the most recent, of 2022, with Mark Coppi and Venessa Jackson, “Searching For The Love” released on Nervous and “No Other” on King Street Sounds. But also “Losing Control” on Phoenix Music, “Love & Devotion” on Groove Culture, “Superstition” on In It Together Records, “Another Day” on Cruise Music, Good Times on Sunflowermusic Records.
In 2019 he started the project ‘DAN:ROS’ inspired by his favorite genres such as: House and Jackin House. At the moment, his projects are focused on growing his label.
Do you have favorite artists / DJs / producers?
Cassim David Penn.
And what can you tell us about the labels you’ve worked with?
Labels top for me are Groove Culture, There Was Jack, Juiced Music and Cruise Music.
How was your summer and now how is your winter? Do you have dj sets or festivals planned?
The summer went very well, many gigs more away than in Italy.
What do you think of the Italian electronic music scene?
I would say very few high-level Italian producers at the moment.
What evolution do you think electronic music is experiencing on the international scene?
It seems to me that there is a lot of throwback right now. The records that work are all covers or remakes of old hits. Few new ideas.
What can you tell us musically about your Podcast for Villahangar?
This podcast expresses my house vocal musical philosophy very well.
01. DAN:ROS feat. Suki Soul – Love & Devotion / Groove Culture
02. Chantay Savage, Thando1988 – Never Stop (Seamus Haji Extended Remix) / Fool’s Gold Records
03. DAN:ROS, T.Markakis – Can’t Get Enough (Original Mix) / Little Jack
04. DAN:ROS, Mark Coppi feat. Venessa Jackson – No Other (Original Mix)/ King Street
05. Knox, Agency – This Time Baby (Knox OG Mix)/ King Street
06. Ricky Montanari, Holly, Master Freez – Land Of Freedom (Original Mix)/ Groovebom
07. David Aurel, Sam Dexter feat. Rozie Gyems – Nothing Can Come Between Us (BOOTLEG) / Bootleg
08. Roger Garcia – I Wanna Love You (Extended Mix) / Riviera House Recordings
09. Suki Soul, Yam Who?, Jaegerossa – Wear It Out (Extended Mix) / Midnight Riot
10. Dan Hartman – Instant Replay (Sgt Slick’s Discotizer ReCut) / White Label
11. Saison – Spark It Up (Extended Mix) / Big Love Music
12. Per QX, DJ Rae – Tell Me (Extended Mix) / Liftoff Recordings
13. DAN:ROS – Let The Groove / Modulo Records