#MUSICINTHEAIR guest dj : ALES ANDRU
#MusicInTheAir Podcast hosts this week,
in collaboration with Epiphany and DeepHouseNorway : ALES ANDRU
Epiphany Oslo, which holds events and publishes podcasts with a focus on quality electronic music of various genres and cultures, has a close connection with Villahangar, with whom it shares values and mission.
As well as Deep House Norway, which focuses on deep, melodic, dreamy and groovy house.
Both born thanks to the founders and djs Roxānitā and Alexandru Epifanov. Alexandru is Romanian by birth and based in Olso.
Roxānitā’s mission? A particular, profound music which is based on materializing with rippled light frequencies and cosmic sounds transmuting into vibrations in the name of unity.
In this regard, we remind you the last Special podcast “Music In The Air” released on Villahangar in collaboration with Epiphany Oslo and Deep House Norway, with protagonist Mulo.
But today the scene is all for Ales Andru, in Epiphany Oslo since summer 2019.
As a DJ, he loves dreamy and reassuring atmospheres, with a pampering effect, finding in music the possibility of expressing himself by also opting for choices outside the pack.
Ales Andru is in fact an artist who defines himself underground of electronic music and he is originally from Constanta, Romania. He considers music a universal language: his music develops in a melodic and dreamy way, with influences in the Deep / Progressive / House genre.
His DJ sets, if they start in the day and during in the night, evolve from deep progressive to progressive house. To do this, he listen to many genres: chill out, vocal chill, afro house and of course deep house, deep progressive, progressive house. And his firm belief is: “sharing good vibes and feelings”, for music with great positive power, brought all over the world from the lands and the sea of Romania.
How do you approach a DJ set? What is your configuration and your way of transmitting emotions?
Deep down within, music is an universal language. My DJ set goes along in different hours of day or night time, transiting the people that are in deep progressive or progressive house state.
What is the track recommended in this dj set?
Gaston Ponte – Circle of Life [Soundteller Records]
What music do you listen to when you take off your DJ headset?
Chill out, vocal chill, deep house, deep progressive, afro house, progressive house.
Your reference artists / DJs / producers or what advice do you follow?
Betoko / Hermanez / Erdi Irmak / and a lot of other DJ/Producers out there that do a really good job by sharing good vibes and feelings.
01. Max & Nim, Newman (I Love) – Sand Waves (Newman I Love Extended Remix) / DAYS like NIGHTS
02. Sébastien Léger – Forbidden Garden (Tim Green Remix) / Lost Miracle
03. Gaston Ponte – Circle of Life / Soundteller Records
04. GRAZZE – Valentia (Betoko Remix) / BeatFreak Recordings
05. Ilya Gerus – Taina (Dio S Remix0 / Stellar Fountain
06. K Loveski, Ewan Rill – Broh Canville (Original Mix) / MNL
07. JFR – Invisible I Am (rAin MU Remix) / Consapevole Recordings
08. Subandrio – Lost Soul (Dharmalogy Remix) / Juicebox Music
09. Monkey Safari – New Day (Lonya & Kadosh Remix) / Hommage
10. NAHS – Nami (Rodrigo Lapena & Gonzalo Sacc Remix) / Balkan Connection
11. Slow Hearts – Nightflight (Original Mix) / Tale & Tone
12. Sound Quelle – Farah (Extended Mix) / Songspire Records
13. Volen Sentir – The Great Escape (Original Mix) / Lost & Found
14. Betoko, Paul Sawyer – I’ll Be Here (Betoko Remix) / ICONYC