This week Villahangar’s #MusicInTheAir Podcast’s protagonist is Epiphany Oslo’s co-founder, who hosts events and publishes podcasts with particular attention on quality electronic music of various genres – particularly on deep, melodic, dreaming and groovy house – and various cultures: Epifanov, Rumanian dj based in Oslo.
His deep sensitiveness and passion towards electronic music brought him since 2016 to develop the consciousness on the nature of his artistic inclination, with a particular cut and an ability in continuous development and improvement: to show above all his feelings and emotions through musical frequencies.
A way to approach music that rotates around a specific idea: Epifanov believes that the universe is composed by energetic frequencies and vibrations.
As a result, becoming its explorer is natural: listening to music and deepening its knowledge, aiming mostly to understanding the magic of the sound and its infinite possibilities as far as feelings are concerned.
He sees it as a real journey, of sounds mixed to emotions: a magical and dreamlike musical and inner path where Epifanov aims to accompany the audience during his dj sets, for instance focusing on the infinite and exciting nuances of House and Techno Music, both the melodic and the tribal ones.
When and how did was your first meeting with music?
One of my first meetings with electronic music was back in 2005, when songs like “Till There Was You” by Rachael Starr, and “Last Night I was Dreaming” by John Creamer & Stephane K were played at the local clubs.
Which one was the key meeting that changed your path?
Attending to my first Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) in 2015 definitely changed my life.
What genre do you associate yourself with and how would you define your sound?
I love to play different genres, from downtempo up to minimal and tech house. In conclusion, my sound can be described as dreamy, tribal and groovy.
Music transmits emotions. Which are the ones that you want to convey with your music?
Happiness and Love are therefore main emotions that I am trying to transmit while playing.
How was your podcast born?
I believe that the winter season is the perfect time to listen and to play minimal/rominimal music, therefore I decided to make this dreamy minimal selection for you.
What does it mean for you to be able to share your music with Villahangar?
Being able to spread my favourite music with Villahangar and with music lovers in general is a huge pleasure and in addiction an amazing opportunity to transmit my emotions.
01. Marcu Rares – Lunatique (Original Mix) / EWax Black/White
02. Raynow – Desert (Original Mix) / Oceanic Recording
03. Origins Of Time – Arabic Distortion (Original Mix) / Kindisch
04. Derek Carr – Mystique (Original Mix) / Subwax Excursions
05. Valdovinos – Dream Catcher (Ki.Mi. Remix) / Sit Down Recordings
06. Monetic – One Step (Andrey Loud Remix) / Kootz Music
07. Mihai Popoviciu – Understand (Original Mix) / Poker Flat
08. Victor Aguero, Lee Onel, Christopher Rod – Mesura (Swoy Remix) / PIV Records
09. Mancini – Rara (Swoy Remix) / MNCN
10. Ki.Mi. – Rover (Original Mix) / Kashatskikh Rec.
11. Matthew Dekay – Random Dub Fix (Original Mix) / Siamese